Invisiliz was kind enough to nominate me for The Leibster Award! See the original post here and check out the Invisible Blog for a great read! Thanks so much for the nomination! The purpose of this one is to highlight great blogs with less than 200 followers. These people deserve recognition, so let’s give it to ’em!
Also, thank you to To The Moon and Back for nominating me for another Versatile Blogger Award. Check her out here for a great read. I felt so very loved this weekend!
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog. THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH!
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
Let’s begin, shall we?
11 Me Things:
1. I have miniature schnauzers. They look like over-sized rodents (see Princess Bride for a visual) and they like to bark/bite, but goodness if I don’t love them.
2. I am very mistrustful of cats… That’s probably internet blasphemy, but cat gifs don’t do it for me.
3. I have brown eyes.
4. I live in Scotland.
5. I’m from New Hampshire and I’m very proud. RIP Man in the Mountain, always.
6. I like to refer to children as pre-people, because that’s what they are.
7. I have trouble coming up with 11 factoids about myself, for some reason…
8. I drink a lot of Tennents and red wine. Yes, I know–Tennents is terrible. But it’s cheap, so all good here.
9. I have a tattoo that refers to an old song called Blue Bird of Happiness. The song is lovely and a nice reminder to be happy where you’re at. See it here.
10. I don’t understand the Justin Beiber thing. Never got it. Really puzzling to me.
11. I believe wholeheartedly in the theory that people emit ‘vibes’ (or auras, or essences-whatever diction you prefer) and some people are particularly good at reading them. Someday I’ll do a post on it.
- If you could create your own planet, what would it look like? The inside of Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory.
- Who or what inspired you to become a writer? Only thing I was good at and liked doing.
- If you didn’t have to worry about money, what would you do with your time? Travel. Eat. Drink. Play. Buy stuff. Start my own company. Save the world. Etc.
- Name a favorite piece of music and why. Tough one… I’m really eclectic. I got no one favorite thing. I think Billy Joel’s And So it Goes is a perfect song, as is Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah.
- Which is a worse writerly curse: to not have enough ideas to write or to not have enough time to write. Not enough time. That’s just torture.
- What is your biggest regret? Regrets are a waste of time.
- What is your biggest accomplishment? Surviving St Patrick’s Day in Ireland. Maybe not my biggest accomplishment, but certainly the most recent.
- Do you like flying on planes? Love it.
- Which condiment would you take to a deserted island and why. Honey Mustard. YUM.
- If a giant pile of snow appeared in front of you, what would you do with it? SNOW FORT/EPIC SNOWBALL FIGHT.
- What’s something you would collectively change about humanity? Insecurity. I personally think it’s the root of most of our problems.
1. Apples or oranges?
2. Dogs or cats?
3. Coke or pepsi?
4. Psych or The Mentalist?
5. Mac or PC?
6. If you were to have your ashes scattered post-death, where would you like to be scattered?
7. If you could miniaturize one person, real or imaginary, and carry them around in your pocket–who would that person be?
8. Floss before or after brushing your teeth?
9. If you could do one thing with no consequences, what would it be?
10. Ever watch Workaholics? If not, you should.
11. What’s your life motto?
And finally, the blogs I think deserve a heck of a lot of recognition. Read them. They’re pretty great! Sorry if some of y’all have more than 200 followers. It’s hard to tell if it isn’t posted… Also sorry if anyone’s been nominated before. You’re extra loved!
4. http://melisakmartin.wordpress.com/ more than 200 followers, but a great blog all the same!
5. http://joeltipple.wordpress.com/ also more than 200, but a favorite of mine… so, I’m just going to abandon the rules from here on out.
That’s all folks! Thanks so much for reading/sharing/being. Happy Monday!